2005-10-05

Less depressed or more happy?

Psychology and psychoanalysis has to date mostly been about negative emotions such as depression, anger, frustration and so forth. When you go see a shrink he will probably discuss all the bad things in your life and your negative thoughts. Unless your lucky. Because, as of late, this field has realized that focusing on the bad just doesn't do it. It's not enough to just make people less depressed, they need to be more happy!

I just read the most exciting article on the about happiness and the newly started research in that area. This whole line of thinking makes very much sense to me, to try to do something good instead of avoiding to do something bad. But I should admit that most of the time I'm no better than anyone else in this respect. I'm actively working on getting better in this respect right now, though.

No comments: