2008-09-22

Cave Story

I had scheduled the past weekend for total relaxation. Sleeping long, watching TV, order pizza and play computer games. When doing a bit of surfing Friday night I found a game which I then spent quite some time during the weekend playing: Doukutsu Monogatari, or Cave Story as it's called in English.

Cave Story is a platform game where you run around shooting enemies, searching for items and talking to people and creatures. All these actions are driven by the games well fleshed out story. And it's decidedly addictive. I normally don't play this type of game but this particular one is so well crafted and everything, the graphics, sounds, story and so forth, fits together so well. I suppose it doesn't hurt that it has quite a bit of 8-bit flavor, just like the games that I grew up with.

Click on the image above to get to a really good page for the game where you'll find all you need to know about it, including download it. I should also add that the game is a Windows game but works extraordinarily well to play on Wine.

No comments: