2008-11-27

Batman suing Batman

I've blogged about Batman before. No, not the guy in the cape living inside comic books and recently on the movie screen. No, it's the city in east Turkey. I find the name incredibly funny. But the fun doesn't stop there. It turns out the city mayor of Batman is now suing Warner Brothers for their use of the name Batman.
What can you say? The guy is obviously greedy. But it's also the case that the city has gained more reputation from the movies than it had ever could have managed for itself.
I read somewhere that the city has a bad reputation in Turkey for, among other things, the high rate of suicides among young women. So maybe they're looking for to improve their image. But suing Warner Brothers won't help I'm afraid.

Oh, and by the way. The Dark Knight is a really good movie. My DVD is arriving in two weeks.

No comments: